The number of people working as Hospital Pharmacists (in their main job) grew very strongly over 5 years:
from 2,400 in 2011 to 3,700 in 2016.
- Size: This is a very small occupation.
- Location: Hospital Pharmacists work in many regions of Australia.
- Industries: Most work in Health Care and Social Assistance; Retail Trade; and Wholesale Trade.
- Full-time: Many work full-time (73%, higher than the average of 66%).
- Hours: Full-time workers spend around 41 hours per week at work (compared to the average of 44 hours).
- Age: The average age is 33 years (compared to the average of 40 years).
- Gender: 79% of workers are female (compared to the average of 48%).
Employers in regional areas found it hard to fill vacancies for Hospital and Retail Pharmacists in 2018. Find out more in the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business latest report on Hospital and Retail Pharmacists.