The number of people working as Registered Nurses (Mental Health) (in their main job) grew very strongly over 5 years:
from 9,200 in 2011 to 14,100 in 2016.
- Size: This is a medium sized occupation.
- Location: Registered Nurses (Mental Health) work in many regions of Australia.
- Industries: Most work in the Health Care and Social Assistance industry.
- Full-time: Many work full-time (67%, similar to the average of 66%).
- Hours: Full-time workers spend around 42 hours per week at work (compared to the average of 44 hours).
- Age: The average age is 47 years (compared to the average of 40 years). Many workers are 45 years or older (57%).
- Gender: 70% of workers are female (compared to the average of 48%).
The Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business talks with employers who have tried to fill vacancies. Find out more in the latest report on Registered Nurses.