You can work as an ICT Business Analyst without formal qualifications if you are able to demonstrate your technical competency to employers. There are also a wide range of vendor and industry certifications available that may substitute for formal qualifications and can be highly regarded by employers. However, most workers do hold a VET or university qualification.
Membership with information technology associations or peak bodies may be useful.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- additional IT certifications offered by peak bodies, industry associations and vendors
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Information and Communications Technology VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources