A diploma in anaesthetic technology or paramedical science is needed to work as an Anaesthetic Technician. Anaesthetic Technicians often have university qualifications.
Membership with Australian Anaesthesia Allied Health Practitioners may be useful.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- national police check
- working with children check
- first aid certificate
- be up to date with immunisations
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Health Industry and Laboratory Operations VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources