Electrical Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians assist in electrical engineering research, design, manufacture, assembly, construction, operation and maintenance of equipment, facilities and distribution systems.
You usually need a formal qualification in electrical engineering or a related field to work as an Electrical Engineering Draftsperson or Technician. VET (Vocational Education and Training) and university are both common study pathways for Electrical Engineering Draftspersons, Technicians.
- preparing drawings, plans and diagrams of electrical installations and circuitry
- assisting Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists in design and layout of electrical installations and circuitry on substations, switchgear, cabling systems and motor control systems
- collecting data, performing tests and complex calculations, graphing results, and preparing charts and tabulations
- estimating materials costs and quantities
- inspecting designs and finished products for compliance with specifications and regulations
- assembling, installing, testing, calibrating, modifying and repairing electrical equipment and installations to conform with regulations and safety requirements
- undertaking electrical workshop functions such as installing assemblies for protection relays, metering and indicating devices
- assisting with research and experimentation programs
More about Electrical Engineering Draftspersons, Technicians
All Electrical Engineering Draftspersons, Technicians