Electronic Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians assist in electronic engineering research, design, manufacture, assembly, construction, operation and maintenance of equipment, facilities and distribution systems.
You usually need a formal qualification in electrical or electronics engineering or a related field to work as an Electronic Engineering Draftsperson or Technician. VET (Vocational Education and Training) and university are both common study pathways for Electronic Engineering Draftspersons, Technicians.
- preparing drawings, plans and diagrams for electronic engineering work
- developing, constructing and testing electronic equipment and associated circuitry in accordance with technical manuals and instructions of Electronics Engineers and Engineering Technologists
- performing tests, graphing results, preparing charts and tabulations
- estimating material costs and quantities
- evaluating performance of equipment
- inspecting designs and finished products for compliance with specifications, drawings, contracts and regulations
- installing, testing, repairing and modifying electronic equipment
More about Electronic Engineering Draftspersons, Technicians
All Electronic Engineering Draftspersons, Technicians