Mechanical Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians assist in mechanical engineering research, design, manufacture, construction, operation and maintenance of machines, manufacturing equipment, mechanical installations and facilities.
You usually need a certificate III, IV or diploma in a related engineering field to work as a Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson or Technician. Some Mechanical Engineering Draftspersons, Technicians complete university qualifications.
- preparing drawings, plans and designs for mechanical engineering work under the direction of Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists
- assisting Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists in the design of mechanical equipment and plant
- selecting tools and equipment
- assembling and installing new and modified mechanical assemblies, components, machine tools and controls, and hydraulic power systems
- estimating material costs and quantities, and machine requirements
- performing and directing field and laboratory tests
- collecting and analysing data, carrying out complex computations and preparing diagrams
- organising and supervising inspection and maintenance of machines and plant
- ensuring that designs and finished work are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
More about Mechanical Engineering Draftspersons, Technicians
All Mechanical Engineering Draftspersons, Technicians