The number of people working as Plumbers (General) (in their main job) grew moderately over 5 years:
from 45,600 in 2011 to 48,200 in 2016.
- Size: This is a large occupation.
- Location: Plumbers (General) work in many regions of Australia.
- Industries: Most work in Construction; Public Administration and Safety; and Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
- Full-time: Most work full-time (89%, much higher than the average of 66%).
- Hours: Full-time workers spend around 44 hours per week at work (compared to the average of 44 hours).
- Age: The average age is 33 years (compared to the average of 40 years). Many workers are under 25 years of age (26%).
- Gender: 1% of workers are female (compared to the average of 48%).
Employers found it hard to fill vacancies for Plumbers in 2018. Find out more in the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business latest report on Plumbers.