Either extensive experience or a certificate III in telecommunications technology is needed to work as a Telecommunications Trades Worker.
Registration with the relevant state or territory board may be needed to work as a Telecommunications Trades Worker.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- construction induction card (white card)
- working at heights ticket
- elevated platform ticket
- forklift licence
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Information and Communications Technology VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources