You usually need a bachelor degree in science, health science, paramedicine or equivalent course to work as an Intensive Care Ambulance Paramedic. Some Intensive Care Ambulance Paramedics complete postgraduate studies.
You must also be registered with with the Paramedic Board of Australia.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- driver's licence
- manual drivers licence
- national police check
- working with children check
- first aid certificate
- Psychometric or aptitude tests
- be up to date with immunisations
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources