You usually need a bachelor degree in oral health to work as a Dental Therapist. Training is also available through VET (Vocational Education and Training).
You must also be registered with the Dental Board of Australia (part of the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency).
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- radiation licence
- driver's licence
- national police check
- working with children check
- first aid certificate
- Psychometric or aptitude tests
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Health Industry VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources