You usually need a certificate III or IV in education support to work as an Education Aide. Traineeships may be available.
Registration with the relevant state or territory board may be needed to work as an Education Aide.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- driver's licence
- national police check
- working with children check
- first aid certificate
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Community Services VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources