You can work as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Worker without formal qualifications, however, they may be useful. Training is available through VET (Vocational Education and Training). A course in aboriginal and/or torres strait islander primary health care might be helpful.
You must also be registered with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practice Board of Australia.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- working with children check
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Community Services VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.