You can work as a Plastics Fabricator or Welder without formal qualifications. Some on the job training may be provided. Training is also available through VET (Vocational Education and Training).
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- Poly Welding (Butt Welding) Ticket
- Poly Welding (Electrofusion) Ticket
- construction induction card (white card)
- forklift licence
- driver's licence
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Plastics, Rubber & Cablemaking VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.