Other Stationary Plant Operators includes a range of occupations such as Boiler or Engine Operators, Bulk Materials Handling Plant Operators, Cement Production Plant Operators, Concrete Batching Plant Operators, Concrete Pump Operators, Paper and Pulp Mill Operators, Railway Signal Operators, Train Controllers, Waste Water or Water Plant Operators and Weighbridge Operators.
You can work as an Other Stationary Plant Operator without formal qualifications, however, they may be useful. Training is available through VET (Vocational Education and Training).
- operates and maintains stationary engines, boilers, refrigeration and airconditioning systems, and associated mechanical plant
- operates plant to load, unload, move, store and stack bulk materials such as grain, sugar and mineral ore
- operates mixing plant to produce batches of concrete from cement, sand, aggregate, water and other ingredients
- operates plant to pump, cast and mould concrete registration or licensing is required
- operates plant to produce paper pulp from woodchips and to make paper sheets
- controls the movement of trains, and assembles and disassembles trains within a marshalling yard
- oversees the safe movement of trains using a computerised train control signalling system
- operates plant to store, distribute and treat water including purifying water for human consumption and removing wastes from sewage
- operates weighing plant and issues measurement tickets which provide readings of vehicle and livestock weight
More about Other Stationary Plant Operators
All Other Stationary Plant Operators