Laundry Workers sort, clean, fold, iron and package linen, clothing and other items in laundries and drycleaning establishments, and private residences.
You can work as a Laundry Worker without formal qualifications. Some on the job training may be provided. A course in laundry operations might be helpful.
- sorting articles for cleaning according to the type, colour, fabric and cleaning treatment required
- placing sorted articles into receptacles and onto conveyor belts for moving to repair and cleaning areas
- checking and removing stains from garments, and replacing buttons and making minor repairs
- loading and unloading washing machines, driers and extractors
- adding cleaning agents and starches to articles
- smoothing articles and guiding them through cleaning and pressing machines
- stopping and starting machines to untangle, straighten and remove articles
- ironing and pressing clean articles
- placing articles on shelves and hanging articles for delivery and collection
- packaging articles and preparing orders for despatch
More about Laundry Workers