Farm, Forestry and Garden Workers includes jobs like Bush Regenerator, Indoor Plant Technician, Irrigationist, Kelp or Seagrass Gatherer, Seed Collector, and Weed Controller.
There are several occupations in this group, which may have varying study pathways.
- Irrigates land for crop growth.
- Collects seeds and cultivates seedlings for replanting purposes.
- Plants crops using hand tools and farm machines.
- Builds trellises for climbing plants and vines.
- Fells and de-barks non-productive crops and thins young plantations.
- Sprays plants, crops and pastures with chemicals to control weed growth, insects, fungus growth and diseases.
- Operates machinery to cultivate, fertilise, spray and harvest crops.
- Selects and harvests crops according to size and ripeness, while discarding rotting and over-ripened produce.
- Grades, sorts, bunches and packs produce into containers and loads onto trucks.
- Maintains farm, forest and garden roads, buildings, facilities, signs and equipment.
More about Other Farm, Forestry and Garden Workers