Commercial Cleaners clean offices, residential complexes, hospitals, schools, industrial work areas, industrial machines, construction sites and other commercial premises using heavy duty cleaning equipment.
Specialisations: Aircraft Cabin Cleaner, School Cleaner.
You can work as a Commercial Cleaner without formal qualifications. Some on the job training may be provided. Traineeships may be available.
- vacuuming carpets, curtains and upholstered furniture
- cleaning, dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures and fittings
- removing rubbish and recyclable material, and emptying containers, bins and trays
- stripping wax from floors, re-waxing and polishing floors
- cleaning and disinfecting laundry and bathroom fixtures, replenishing supplies and reporting defective plumbing fixtures
- operating industrial vacuum cleaners to clean floors, work areas and machines
- removing dust and dirt from ceilings, walls, overhead pipes and fixtures
- applying acids and solvents to surfaces to remove stains and dirt
- removing lint, dust, soot, oil, grease, sludge and other residues from machines, hulls and holds of ships, and interiors and exteriors of furnaces, boilers and tanks
- may clean exteriors of buildings by sand-blasting and applying solvents