You usually need a certificate IV in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander primary health care to work as an Indigenous Health Worker. Traineeships may be available for this course.
You must also be registered with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practice Board of Australia.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- working with children check
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Health Industry and Community Services VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources