Importers, Exporters and Wholesalers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the operations of importing, exporting and wholesaling establishments.
Either extensive experience or a bachelor degree in commerce is needed to work as an Importer, Exporter or Wholesaler. VET (Vocational Education and Training) and university are both common study pathways for Importers, Exporters and Wholesalers.
- identifying local and overseas business opportunities
- developing and implementing business plans, and marketing, operating, human resource, pricing and credit policies and procedures
- determining the mix of products and services to be provided and negotiating conditions of trade
- liaising with local and overseas suppliers and distributors about orders and products
- researching regulatory and statutory requirements affecting the importing, exporting, wholesaling and distribution of goods
- monitoring business performance and preparing estimates, financial statements and reports of operations
- appointing agents and distributors
- arranging the shipping of goods into and out of the country
- overseeing the display and sale of merchandise and preparation of product information for customer service staff and customers
- implementing after-sales service procedures
More about Importers, Exporters and Wholesalers
All Importers, Exporters and Wholesalers