A formal qualification in accounting is needed to work as a Taxation Accountant. The minimum qualification is a diploma, however, the majority of Tax Accountants undertake a bachelor degree in accounting or a related field majoring in accounting.
You must also be registered with one of Australia's three peak accounting bodies.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- to become a Registered Tax Agent, BAS Agent or Tax (Financial) Adviser
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Financial Services VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources