You usually need a formal qualification in building and construction estimating or construction management to work as a Construction Estimator. VET (Vocational Education and Training) and university are both common study pathways for Construction Estimators.
Registration with the relevant state or territory board may be needed to work as a Construction Estimator.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- construction induction card (white card)
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Construction, Plumbing and Services VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources