The number of people working as Panelbeaters (in their main job) is about the same as 5 years ago and is expected to stay about the same over the next 5 years:
from 16,100 in 2018 to 16,100 by 2023.
Job openings can come from new jobs being created, but most come from turnover (workers leaving).
There are likely to be around 8,000 job openings over 5 years (that's about 1,600 a year).
- Size: This is a medium sized occupation.
- Unemployment: Unemployment was below average in 2018.
- Location: Panelbeaters work in many regions of Australia.
- Industries: Most work in the Other Services industry.
- Earnings: Full-time workers on an adult wage earn around $1,280 per week (below the average of $1,460). Earnings tend to be lower when starting out and higher as experience grows.
- Full-time: Most work full-time (89%, much higher than the average of 66%).
- Hours: Full-time workers spend around 43 hours per week at work (compared to the average of 44 hours).
- Age: The average age is 41 years (compared to the average of 40 years).
- Gender: 2% of workers are female (compared to the average of 48%).
Employers found it hard to fill vacancies for Panelbeaters in 2018. Find out more in the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business latest report on Panelbeaters.