The number of people working as Electricians (General) (in their main job) grew moderately over 5 years:
from 107,800 in 2011 to 111,900 in 2016.
- Size: This is a very large occupation.
- Location: Electricians (General) work in many regions of Australia.
- Industries: Most work in Construction; Manufacturing; and Mining.
- Full-time: Most work full-time (90%, much higher than the average of 66%).
- Hours: Full-time workers spend around 45 hours per week at work (compared to the average of 44 hours).
- Age: The average age is 34 years (compared to the average of 40 years).
- Gender: 2% of workers are female (compared to the average of 48%).
Employers found it hard to fill vacancies for Electricians (General) in 2018. Find out more in the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business latest report on Electricians (General).