You usually need formal qualifications and strong attention to detail to work as an Inspector or Regulatory Officer. VET (Vocational Education and Training) and university are both common study pathways for Inspectors and Regulatory Officers.
A security clearance from the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency may be needed.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- AQF 3/4 chemical accreditation
- dieback green card
- forklift licence
- manual drivers licence
- heavy ridged (HR) driver's licence
- national police check
- working with vulnerable people and children check
- medical test
- fitness test
- Psychometric or aptitude tests
- security clearance
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Local Government and Public Sector VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.