Caretakers maintain and clean residential buildings, schools, offices, holiday camps, caravan parks and associated grounds.
You can work as a Caretaker without formal qualifications, however, they may be useful. Training is available through VET (Vocational Education and Training).
- filling out registration forms and providing tenants with copies of rules
- collecting rent, and filling out and issuing receipts
- cleaning common facilities, grounds and gardens, replacing light bulbs, checking fire hoses and extinguishers, and performing other cleaning and maintenance tasks
- notifying management and owners of buildings of the need for major repairs
- cautioning tenants regarding excessive noise, disorderly conduct and abuse of property
- patrolling buildings to ensure security is maintained
- purchasing cleaning supplies