ICT Project Managers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate quality accredited ICT projects. They are accountable for day-to-day operations of resourcing, scheduling, prioritisation and task coordination, and meeting project milestones, objectives and deliverables within agreed timeframes and budgets.
Specialisations: ICT Development Manager.
You usually need formal qualifications and several years of experience within an ICT
project team to work as an ICT
Project Manager. ICT
Project Managers often have university qualifications.
- Analyses information needs and specifies technology to meet those needs.
- Formulates and directs information and communication technology (ICT) strategies, policies and plans.
- Directs the selection and installation of ICT resources and the provision of user training.
- Directs ICT operations and sets priorities between system developments, maintenance and operations.
- Oversees the security of ICT systems.