Equipment Hire Managers manage the operations of establishments engaged in the hiring out of equipment to companies involved in areas such as building and engineering construction, government, mining and resources, manufacturing, maintenance, special events, and to individuals for personal use.
Related work experience is needed to work as an Equipment Hire Manager. Formal qualifications might be useful but aren't essential. Equipment Hire Managers often complete a certificate III or IV.
- Organises and controls the work of supervisors and staff and may direct the engagement and training of staff.
- Interviews commercial travellers, visits showrooms and undertakes buying missions.
- Analyses market information concerning current and future changes in supply and demand for goods.
- Makes purchasing, advertising, sales and credit policy decisions, and devises sales promotion methods.
- Oversees the day to day operations of the business often through delegation to subordinates.
More about Other Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers