Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers (not covered elsewhere) includes jobs like Abattoir Manager, Laundrette Owner, Marina Manager, Nursing Agency Manager, Taxi Proprietor, and Weight Loss Centre Manager.
There are several occupations in this group, which may have varying study pathways.
- Plans, directs and co-ordinates the organisation, it's administration and the operation of the establishment.
- Controls selection, training and supervision of staff.
- Formulates and implements purchasing and marketing policies, and sets prices.
- Promotes and advertises the establishment's goods and services.
- Determines product mix, stock levels and service standards.
- Sells goods and services to guests or customers and advises them on product or service use.
- Maintains records of stock levels and financial transactions.
- Maintains standards required by hygiene, safety and other relevant regulations.
- Maintains standards of staff performance and goods or services to guests or customers.
- Plans budgets and authorises expenditure.
- Handles guest or customer complaints.
- Plans and implements after-sales services to follow up guest or customer satisfaction, ensure performance of goods or services purchased, and modify and improve goods or services provided.
- Liaises with other organisational units, service agents and guests or customers to identify and respond to guest or customer expectations.
More about Other Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers