You usually need a formal qualification in finance, accounting, commerce or economics to work as a Financial Investment Adviser. VET (Vocational Education and Training) and university are both common study pathways for Financial Investment Advisers.
Registration with the Australian Security and Investments Commission is needed to work as a Financial Investment Adviser. Membership with the Association of Financial Advisors may also be useful.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- Australian Financial Services licence
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Financial Services VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources