You usually need a formal qualification in finance, accounting, commerce or economics to work as a Financial Investment Manager. Financial Investment Managers often have university qualifications.
Registration with the Australian Security and Investments Commission is needed to work as a Financial Investment Manager. Membership with the Association of Financial Advisors may also be useful.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- Australian Financial Services licence
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Financial Services VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources