Graphic and Web Designers, and Illustrators design information for visual and audio communication, publication and display using print, film, electronic, digital and other forms of visual and audio media.
Either extensive experience or a bachelor degree in design is needed to work as a Graphic or Web Designer, or Illustrator. Training is also available through VET (Vocational Education and Training).
- determining the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders
- undertaking research and analysing functional communication requirements
- formulating design concepts for the subject to be communicated
- preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations and layouts to communicate design concepts
- negotiating design solutions with clients, management, sales and production staff
- selecting, specifying or recommending functional and aesthetic materials and media for publication, delivery or display
- detailing and documenting the selected design for production
- supervising or carrying out production in the chosen media
- may archive information for future client use
More about Graphic and Web Designers, and Illustrators
All Graphic and Web Designers, and Illustrators