Web Designers plan, design, develop and prepare information for Internet publication with particular emphasis on the user interface, ease of navigation and location of information using text, pictures, animation, sound, colours, layout and data sources to deliver information tailored to an intended audience and purpose.
Either extensive experience or a bachelor degree in digital design is needed to work as a Web Designer. Training is also available through VET (Vocational Education and Training).
- Determines the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders.
- Undertakes research and analyses functional communication requirements.
- Formulates design concepts for the subject to be communicated.
- Negotiates design solutions with clients, management, sales and production staff.
- Details and documents the selected design for production.
- Supervises or carries out production in the chosen media.
- May archive information for future client use.
More about Graphic and Web Designers, and Illustrators