You usually need a formal qualification in hydrography, geomatics or a related field to work as a Hydrographer. VET (Vocational Education and Training) and university are both common study pathways for Hydrographers.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- hydrographic certification with the Australasian Hydrographic Surveyors Certification Panel through the Spatial Sciences Institute
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Laboratory Operations, Food Processing and Australian Meat Processing VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources