You usually need a formal qualification in a relevant field to work as an Architectural, Building or Surveying Technician. VET (Vocational Education and Training) and university are both common study pathways for Architectural, Building & Surveying Technicians.
Registration with the relevant state or territory board may be needed to work as an Architectural, Building or Surveying Technician.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- construction induction card (white card)
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Construction, Plumbing and Services VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources