Building and Engineering Technicians (not covered elsewhere) includes jobs like Aircraft Detail Draftsperson, Aircraft Systems Technician (Air Force), Airframe Technical Officer, Avionics Systems Technician (Air Force), Biomedical Technician, Corrosion Technician, Mining Detail Draftsperson, and Shipbuilding Draftsperson.
There are several occupations in this group, which may have varying study pathways.
- Selects tools and equipment.
- Assembles and installs new and modified assemblies, components and controls.
- Estimates material costs and quantities.
- Performs and directs field tests.
- Prepares designs, plans and schedules for mining operations.
- Designs ships.
- Collects and analyses data, carries out complex computations and prepares diagrams.
- Organises and supervises inspection and maintenance of machines and plant.
- Ensures that designs and finished work are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions.
More about Other Building and Engineering Technicians