Print Finishers and Screen Printers bind books and other publications, finish printed products by hand and machine, prepare stencils, and set up and operate power-driven and hand-operated screen print equipment.
Either extensive experience or an apprenticeship in print manufacturing or printing and graphic arts is needed to work as a Binder, Finisher or Screen Printer.
- setting up and supervising the operation of automatic binding and finishing equipment
- binding full, half and limp-bound books, and repairing bindings
- folding, collating and sewing signatures by machine and hand
- operating paper guillotines for pre-press and post-press paper cutting and trimming, and programming electronically operated units
- operating systems to insert printed material into newspapers, magazines and envelopes
- embellishing printed products automatically and manually
- operating photographic and electronic reproduction devices
- preparing stencils using computer and hand-cut methods
- selecting, mixing and matching coloured inks and loading into screen printing presses
- loading printed items into drying racks, and unloading and stacking dry items
More about Binders, Finishers and Screen Printers
All Binders, Finishers and Screen Printers