You usually need a formal qualification in library and information services or another related field to work as a Gallery, Library or Museum Technician. University and VET (Vocational Education and Training) are both common study pathways for Gallery, Library and Museum Technicians.
Membership with The Australian Museums and Galleries Association or the Australian Library and Information Association may be useful.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- working with children check
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Creative Arts and Culture VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources