Technicians and Trades Workers (not covered elsewhere) includes jobs like Airborne Electronics Analyst (Air Force), Architectural Model Maker, Canoe Maker, Coffee Machine Technician, Fibre Composite Technician, Glass Blower, Hide and Skin Classer, Irrigation Designer, Kayak Maker, Milking Machine Technician, Parachute Rigger, Pearl Technician, Pyrotechnician, Ski Technician, and Surfboard Maker.
There are several occupations in this group, which may have varying study pathways.
- Talks to clients about their needs.
- Orders materials and equipment.
- Designs and shapes the blank (polyurethane board).
- Applies colour to the board.
- Covers the blank with fibreglass cloth and resin.
- Draws designs on tissue and transfers them onto the board.
- Attaches fibreglass fins and/or fin systems.
- Sands the board to achieve a smooth finish and sprays or brushes the board with a chemical finish.
More about Other Technicians and Trades Workers