You can work as a Nursing Support or Personal Care Worker without formal qualifications, however, they may be useful. VET (Vocational Education and Training) and university are both common study pathways for Nursing Support and Personal Care Workers.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- food handling and hygiene certificate
- manual handling and safe lifting practices certificate
- driver's licence
- national police check
- working with vulnerable people and children check
- first aid certificate
- CPR certificate
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Health Industry and Community Services VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources