You can work as a Hospital Orderly without formal qualifications. Some on the job training may be provided. Hospital orderlies often complete a certificate III or IV.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- food handling and hygiene certificate
- manual handling and safe lifting practices certificate
- national police check
- working with vulnerable people and children check
- first aid certificate
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Health Industry and Community Services VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources