The Australian Federal Police (AFP) and State/Territory Police forces have varying requirements to become a Police Officer. Most require you to complete secondary education. A course in justice administration, law or criminology might be helpful.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- Bronze Medallion or swimming certification
- driver's licence
- manual drivers licence
- national police check
- first aid certificate
- medical test
- fitness test
- Psychometric or aptitude tests
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Public Safety VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources