Gallery, Museum and Tour Guides direct and guide visitors in galleries and museums, and escort visitors on sightseeing, educational and other tours.
You can work as a Gallery, Museum or Tour Guide without formal qualifications, however, they may be useful. VET (Vocational Education and Training) and university are both common study pathways for Gallery, Museum and Tour Guides.
- meeting and greeting visitors
- controlling visitors' access to exhibits
- ensuring safety of collections
- maintaining attendance records
- planning and rearranging schedules and itineraries
- planning, organising and conducting tours
- arranging transportation and accommodation for visitors following planned itineraries
- arranging entry to places of interest
- answering questions, providing commentaries, issuing brochures and tour literature, showing audiovisual presentations, and explaining features and procedures at tour sites
- may assist with installing and dismantling exhibits
More about Gallery, Museum and Tour Guides
All Gallery, Museum and Tour Guides