Either extensive experience or a formal qualification in social work or a related field is needed to work as a Social Security Assessor. University and VET (Vocational Education and Training) are both common study pathways for Social Security Assessors.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- driver's licence
- national police check
- working with vulnerable people and children check
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Local Government and Public Sector VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.