You usually need a formal qualification in clinical classification to work as a Clinical Coder. University and VET (Vocational Education and Training) are both common study pathways for Clinical Coders.
Membership with HIMAA may be useful.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- national police check
- working with children check
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Property Services VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources