You usually need a certificate III or IV in water industry operations to work as a Waste Water or Water Plant Operator.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- construction induction card (white card)
- working at heights ticket
- working in confined spaces ticket
- heavy ridged (HR) driver's licence
- first aid certificate
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.