You can work as an Agricultural and Horticultural Mobile Plant Operator without formal qualifications, however, they may be useful. Training is available through VET (Vocational Education and Training). A course in rural machinery operations might be helpful.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- forklift licence
- manual drivers licence
- medium rigid (MR) driver's licence
- heavy ridged (HR) driver's licence
- Psychometric or aptitude tests
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation & Land Management VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.