You can work as a Taxi Driver without formal qualifications, however, they may be useful. Training is available through VET (Vocational Education and Training). A course in driving operations might be helpful.
Registration with the relevant state or territory board is needed to work as a Taxi Driver.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- taxi driver accreditation
- english language competency test
- forklift licence
- manual drivers licence
- national police check
- medical test
- Psychometric or aptitude tests
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Transport and Logistics Training Package VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources