You can work as a Truck Driver (General) without formal qualifications, however, they may be useful. A course in driving operations might be helpful.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- obtain special licences for transporting certain loads (such as dangerous substances)
- Fatigue Management Statement of Attainment
- construction induction card (white card)
- forklift licence
- manual drivers licence
- medium rigid (MR) driver's licence
- heavy ridged (HR) driver's licence
- national police check
- Psychometric or aptitude tests
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Transport and Logistics Training Package VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.
Useful links and resources