You can work as a Construction Rigger without formal qualifications. Some on the job training may be provided. A course in rigging might be helpful.
The Crane Industry Council of Australia may be useful.
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- gas testing and/or basic fire tickets
- construction induction card (white card)
- working at heights ticket
- working in confined spaces ticket
- high risk work licence
- forklift licence
- national police check
- drug and alcohol test
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Metal and Engineering VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.